Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cheer!

Hello to all and a very Merry Christmas to you!  I feel blessed to be able to say that in my blog since our congressmen are not allowed to wish anyone a Merry Christmas in any emails or letters - how crazy is that??  But I digress (quickly!) - let's keep things cheery today!

Of course, I have the obligatory pictures for this post - why not?

Little children always seem to want a puppy for Christmas.  Well, what about having a dog who pushes the tree skirt aside and puts herself under the tree?


And then there is the tree itself - not sure why I haven't done this in the past but I've never taken a picture of the tree when it's lit!  Egad - I've been missing out! 




Two years ago we bought some after-Christmas poinsettias at the grocery store for $5 each.  My husband planted them after they had done their time that season and here is how they look now!


who lost their duck lips??


 And of course, Christmas in Florida wouldn't be the same without SOME kind of flamingo reference!!  Here is a card I made for a friend:


Last, but certainly not least, I have two YouTube videos to share.  The first is a poem written for our men and women who serve us every day - please remember them in your prayers!!  poem for our servicemen and women

The second one made me laugh out loud - I know I've sent it to many friends but here it is again:  digital announcement of the birth of Jesus

Christmas has been Christmas for thousands of years - why have it be ruined because of a few loony tunes?  So go on - wish your friends, neighbors and strangers a Merry Christmas and see how they respond - I'll bet they'll be happy you said it so they can respond in kind!!  :-)

Have a loving, beautiful and sweet Christmas - see you after the new year begins!

Warmest regards, VG

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Debbie's! We too have a Golden and she is the most awesome dog on the planet despite her little quirks. :) Amazingly she is now 13 and the tail keeps wagging. We have been very lucky! Love, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, my sister has a Golden and we just spent Christmas with them. Thanks for popping over to my blog and commenting on the rocks and paints :)
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete