Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas and crafting!

Hello to all and a Happy Day to you! 

Things get a little squeezed at this time of year but I wanted to note just a couple of websites you might want to peruse. 

First is the Tim Holtz "12 Tags of Christmas".  Even if you're not a "crafter" per se, this guy has more ideas in one sitting than I've had in a lifetime!  He works for Ranger and comes up with beautiful tags each year at this time.  Check out his website for more ideas!  (and, of course, he has several lines of products that are amazing as well!)

The next site I want to mention is Pinterest.com.  Oh my goodness gracious - if you're interested in, well, ANYTHING, you can find it there.  Start a Pinterest board and when you find something you like online, pin it on your board!  Others can re-pin it, comment on it, etc.  I've started one but don't have a lot on it yet - but it's only been a few days! 

Over the past few years I have enjoyed receiving (and sending) Jacquie Lawson cards.  Gee - could it be because she uses Chudleigh the dog as one of her characters??!  They're sweet, animated cards that can be used any time of the year.  This year my friend Lisa sent me an Advent calendar that comes in the form of a snow globe.  Each day I open up the snow globe "village" and see what comes to life.  They have one for the USA and one for London as well (for your friends in the UK!). 

And last, for today anyway, I HAD to post this picture of my friend Jennifer holding a prairie dog (we visited an animal sanctuary over the weekend).  These little guys are TOO CUTE (but DO NOT get/give them as pets - they will DIG right through the floor of your house!!!)  The owner of the sanctuary was kind enough to let my friends hold one...can you tell that it was nervous...NOT!!  I thought it went into rigor for a second...




Off to run the pup - have a wonderful evening and see you again soon!

Fondly, VG

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment