Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quick post: Our Cosmic Turn

Hello all!  Ahhh - quarterly reporting has wound down and I am once again free to blather on about things...oh goodie!  (insert whatever emoticon comes to mind here...)  :-)

In my last post I had just been on a plane over Florida when the shuttle was launched.  This morning I was awoken at 6 a.m. by the house shaking from a sonic boom - the shuttle was re-entering for its landing, right over Naples!  How cool was that? 

As I walk my dog at night I have a lot of time to think about random things, but one thing that keeps coming back to me is something my friend and I talked about last week:  our cosmic turn.  Whether it ends up being good or not, we each get our "turn" - all the stoplights are green (or red) on a particular day, our physical ailments lay dormant (or flare up) for awhile, our lives are simple and quiet for a time (or crazy with crazy people for way too long) - you get the idea.  Job 1:21 says, "...the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away."  We each get our cosmic turn - what has yours been lately?

I will leave you with this thought:  It is not possible to skip without smiling!  (try it sometime)

Have a great weekend!

Skipping and smiling,  VG

Numbers 6:24-26
 “The LORD bless you
   and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine on you
   and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
   and give you peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment